Monday, October 12, 2015

OA&FS Annual Report

Every fall, our adoption agency releases their annual report which gives a great rundown of all the activities over the past year, stories of successful open adoptions, lists of volunteers and contributors, and also a summary of statistics.

If any of you are interested in taking a look, here is where they have it available online.

While I like the background and stories, I've got a mindset that has me skimming to the end to see the numbers.  Those numbers hold a lot of interesting pieces of information for us as we're waiting to be chosen.  Here are some key data points which compare the most recent fiscal year (July 2014 to June 2015) to the previous year:



Overall, there aren't too many differences of note.  The average wait time is 15 months which ticked up slightly.  (This is based solely on the adoptive families chosen during each 12 month period.)  If Andy and I were chosen today, we would just be slightly above the average as we are over 16 months in.

There are a few other fun numbers in here which can at least partially relate to the numbers from our last post showing statistics on selections from the waiting pool for all families joining after us in the window from June 5, 2014 to June 5, 2015.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I've been following your journey since I started looking into OA&FS earlier this year. My husband and I are taking the plunge and are attending the pre-adoption seminar in Seattle in January. I love all your numbers breakdowns! I'm curious, have you ever figured out the average wait-time based on orientation and family composition? I can't seem to find out those numbers anywhere although I know gay, lesbian and single folks have a longer average wait.

    Good luck to your family! I keep watching and hoping the right situation happens for you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see any of those numbers immediately available right now. I do recall that as of about 4 years ago (when we joined the pool the first time), LGBT couples tended to wait about 2 months longer on average than straight couples. That was the only breakdown I ever recall seeing, and I don't really know if it's still valid or not.

      Good luck to you two on your adoption journey!

      Delete