Sunday, November 11, 2012

One More Day...

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend as I'm sitting here writing this post.  Ever since I left work on Friday morning and began my paternity leave, I've been running from one thing to the next with a bowling tournament on Friday and Saturday, watching Skyfall with Andy on Friday night, another excursion with friends on Saturday night, hearing wonderful things from our favorite Vancouver bowlers, and then today's final preparations around the house.  This has been an amazing weekend and I really find myself ready to become a father tomorrow.

Ever since Carly picked us, I haven't been too anxious or stressed.  I think my mindset was just to chill and roll with things which helped keep me from bouncing around with excitement.  (That definitely came in handy at work since I didn't mentally check out until I essentially walked out the door.)  However, I do have to say that my laid-back armor got a few cracks in it during our baby shower last Sunday.  Molly and Angie did an amazing job hosting the event.  We also had so many wonderful family and friends on hand supporting us that it really struck home for me.  The night afterwards, I was feeling rather sappy as I sorted through baby clothes, toys, blankets, and so many other adorable baby items.

Today, Andy and I really focused on our final preparations and it's been a sentimental day.  We cleaned, we organized, we washed baby clothes, and we assembled nearly everything.  Just looking around our room and the future baby room, it feels 'right' to see dedicated baby spaces and items.  One of the things we really like the most is our 'Baby Nook' which is a converted closet space in our bedroom.  After a little work, the fresh coat of paint has been bedazzled with some new forest friends.

Completed 'Baby Nook' in our bedroom complete with forest-themed wall decals
Looking forward to tomorrow, I'd recommend checking out our past post on Adoption Planning II if you have questions on what's next.  That post goes into detail and runs through the tentative hospital plan/schedule.  It's possible that we'll have an interim post on here while Andy and I spend most of the day waiting at a coffee shop before heading to the hospital later in the afternoon.  If not, then our next post will be much more baby-centric!

7 comments:

  1. Lucy & I will be thinking about you guys all day tomorrow. The baby nook is gorgeous! We are so happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you both! Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little animals! Congratulations guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you. They have been since the moment I woke up, and will be with you all day. I am so incredibly happy for you guys.

    I love the baby nook, it's perfect! L'il Dude is one lucky guy do have you as dads.
    Love,
    Grandma Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I'm so happy about what is in store for you today, we'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The day is finally here! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The day is finally here! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete